Spirit guides are spiritual beings that are assigned to us before we are born that help nudge and guide us through life. They’re responsible for helping us fulfill the spiritual contract we make with ourselves before we incarnate. Your higher self helps select these guides, who help us while we are living out our incarnation.
Who are these guides?
Some guides will stay with you throughout your entire life, and others will pop in every now and again to help you with specific areas of your life or goals you are trying to achieve. These guides are at varying levels of consciousness themselves. Some may be highly ascended masters (such as Jesus) and others might be your average spirit who just happens to be a master in a certain area. They may appear to have a male or female energy, though in reality they are just energy. They may be spirits who have had physical incarnations, or they might be spirits who have never taken human form. Followers believe one spirit guide remains with a person throughout his entire life, while others come and go on special occasions to teach, to protect, to drive away negative energies or to bring joy. They might be deceased relatives, but that is less likely. When it’s time for your spirit guides to help you, they tune in to your energy and help direct you to fulfill your earthly mission.
Here are the 7 most common type of spirit guides we may meet in our lifetime or the next.
• The Gatekeeper Guide, sometimes called the Master Teacher Guide or Doorkeeper, is with a human being from birth to death. This guide inspires a person to help others and to keep on track toward personal life goals with pure and beneficial guidance.
This guide stands constantly at the energy gates of a person as protection against the negativity of the universe.
As main guide, the Gatekeeper Guide controls and monitors the other spirit guides who wish to work with a person. At the same time this spirit aids the individual to remain focused and grounded when working with other spirit guides.
• A Teacher Guide inspires a person only at brief intervals during life. Guidance is given according to need regarding growth and spiritual development.
One Teacher Guide may work with the Gatekeeper Guides of many individuals, helping these people to develop compassion and moral sensitivity. Conversely, many Teacher Guides may help one person throughout life, each helping a person with a different aspect of her life.
• The job of a Protector Guide is to protect a human being whenever that person is in danger. This spirit guide is usually a large spirit with great strength and energy and always works in harmony with the Gatekeeper Guide.
• The Runner Guide is the spirit who connects human beings in dreams and at certain passionate moments with loved ones and missing items that are precious emotionally to the person.
This spirit guide comes and goes quickly, and can appear in visions or dreams. The appearance of this guide in dreams can be human in form, but this guide is most often clothed in the form of a spirit animal. It is this guide which presents itself during a session with a medium.
• The Helper Guide is present only in the direst moments in the life of a person. This guide is the medicine man or shaman, and his help and guidance are directed at the great stresses in a person’s life or with serious health problems.
• The Warrior Guide is a warring guide whose role is to help a human being master fear and weakness. If a battle in any area of a person’s life needs to be fought, this guide will help.
Contrary to the other spirit guides, this one can lead a person into trouble and unnecessary battles. This guide must be followed with prudence and careful thought to ascertain whether the guidance is helpful.
• The job of the Joy Guide is to bring joy and happiness to a person at various times in her life, and to uplift her spirits when they sag.
Did you find this information helpful?
Stay Tuned there is more to come!